To declare a Spanish major, you will need a Change of Major form which can be found here:

Take this document to the Department of Spanish Language, Literary and Cultural Studies (Sturm Hall 391) or email us at and we will connect you with a Spanish major advisor. The department staff will get your major declaration form signed and returned to you, and will send you an email connecting you with your new advisor. You must then return the signed form to the Registrar’s Office (

To declare a minor, no departmental/advisor signature is needed. The same form as above can be used, however please make sure that you're filling out the "Minor" fields. SLLCS does offer minor advising. While it is not required, we recommend that you inform our department when declaring a minor to be connected with an advisor.