AP and/or IB credits do NOT satisfy the language requirement. If you have AP or IB credit, you must take the placement exam to determine which course you should take. Your placement will determine what courses you need to take to fulfill the language requirement. You can take a placement exam through the CWLC (https://liberalarts.du.edu/cwlc/language-testing).   

  • If you place into a 1000-level class, start at the level you placed into and complete the full first-year sequence  
  • If you place above the first-year sequence, you must take one four-credit course above the 1000 level (2001 or higher)  

Depending on your major, you may have additional requirements. Check with your major or other academic advisor to ensure that you understand your specific situation.  

For information about AP/IB credit conversions, click here